Sunday, June 21, 2009

Junk Party

I know I'm a little late on this junk party, but I guess I just lost track of time. Well here's the update on the chairs. I really enjoyed this project and finished them in only two days. We have had a BBQ with them and my guests were very comfortable using these $1.00 chairs. Who woulda thunk?? Well here's the rundown of the entire transformation.




This is a close up of what kind of shape they were in before the transformation. As you can see there is paint spilled all over them. That was annoying to smooth out. I used steel wool to scrub it away.


This is just after I gave them a thorough washing. I took the chair pads off and set them aside to reupholster.


Added a coat of primer. I just had one can of primer so I had to make it last. I decided if I needed more I would just seal it with another coat when I was all done with the painting.



Okay I have to brag about this deal. If you are lucky your dollar store will get spray paint, and if you are really lucky you will get a brand name. Well I guess I was really, really lucky because I bought this BLACK KRYLON spray paint on 88 cent Tuesdays at my Honks Dollar Store. That's right people $0.88 for name brand spray paint.


Here's another tip for reupholstering outdoor furniture. Get an outdoor table cloth and use it at your fabric. I got this bag for $4.00 at Walmart.


Be sure you get the most for your money. Get the largest oblong shape. They all cost the same no matter the size, so get the largest amount and you will have enough vinyl to do a dozen chairs!


Darn birds! This chair was out only 15 minutes before it became the target.

To reupholster, I added a little more fluff and stapled the fabric tight around the edges. This was truly one of the easiest project I have completed. The hardest part was the painting, it always seems that is the hardest, but I can't complain for it only was $12.00 for these chairs! That's right $4.00 chairs, $4.00 paint, and $4.00 covers. Pretty great day I must say!

Isn't it just so cozy! They are just the right size for the table. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was a set. SWEET!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your chairs are so cute! What a dramatic makeover! Thanks so much for joining in and can't wait to see more from you next month if you decide to come back for another Junk Party!

    ReplyDelete