Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coming out of hiding...

I feel like I'm coming out of hiding. Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, but to tell the truth I haven't done any remakes since last summer. I just finished a few projects and I thought I'd share with you a cute sconce set and giant key that I remade from the thrift store.

Before



(Still haven't finished the middle flower hanger thingy)




After




Isn't it fun! These were super easy to create. I love the look of oil rubbed bronze, but I had a hard time figuring it out. I went from rubbing acrylic gold paint on black to buying "oil Rubbed Bronze" spray paint color. Then I tried this last method. It is the easiest and cheapest way to get the look. I will break down this method just for you!



1. Spray the item gold.


2. Lightly spray the item black or brown to desired look.


3. Let dry.


4. Spray with clear flat spray paint.


5. Done and done!

Super easy and super fast. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment