Friday, March 27, 2009

One of My New Favorite Things...

I have had this little sewing table for a while and, now that I have my wild hair for spray painting, I decided to finnally redo it. I love to sew, but this table doesn't fit either of my machines. I love the repeating squares on the front and it is just the right hieght for storage. It had a lot of wear on the top so I first had to sand it. This is my little boy helping.

I ended up taking the whole thing apart because I wanted to redo the hard wear. I was going to paint it all black, but then I thought I should try chrome paint.


It was a bit too shiny, so I wiped some of the paint off the front of the harware. It helped some, but once it dried I used some fine sand paper to take some more off and let the natural shine come through.


Here it is after three bottles of spray paint, and some sealer. I put it all back together and am very pleased with the result.


My husband loves blankets, so now we have some storage to keep them in the living room. The suitcases were another great thrift store find for $2.50 each. They also have blankets in them. I know, I know, but it gets cold in a dreary basement apartment, and I have no windows to help me keep warm. We use blankets to make up for it!


There's the sweet little birdie taking the spotlight again! I decided the pretty new table was perfect for the pretty little birdie.


I am really happy with the way the hardware turned out. I was worried that the chrome would look way too fake, but with a little sanding they match perfectly. Now I don't think the hinges would work too well with chrome paint. I guess the originals will have to do for now.


1 comment:

  1. This looks so great! I love that you painted the hardware too. And your suitcases! I just found two very similar to yours and I love how yous tacked them. Gives me an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete