Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thrift Store Finds

I went to the thrift store a few days ago and found some steals, white dishes, decorating ideas, diaper bag, and an update on my media bookcase.



I absolutely love this magazine. They have the greatest ideas and they are filled with information. Whenever I buy one, I treat it like a book, and look through the pages over and over. So these babies are about $4 each, but at the thrift store only $0.25. Plus they gave me a free one, so four for $0.75 I found four inspiring books that I will read until the pages curl.

I have a huge bookcase that has DVD's. We have hundreds of DVD's, it is really an obsession, but I hate them staring back at me. I want to add some doors to hide the clutter. It's really easier than it seems to add a pair of doors to a bookshelf. I ended up paying $0.50 for the lot of them. There are eight good hinges, so I can make at least three doors. I am SO excited I found these.



Don't you love the look! It's Ralph Lauren, so you know its worth hundreds. I bought it for $4.00. I have needed an update on my diaper bag. The poor thing is peeling and stained. Well I got a lot of use out of that old bag, but I'm excited to get to know this new stallion of a bag!

Lastly are the white dishes. I love this style. It may not be a complete set, but it sure is a great update on my current white plates. Think 90's diner plates. For 7 dinner plates, three ramekins, and two salad plates it was $9.50. This was my big buy of the day. I was actually in there a few days before, but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money. But when I saw that most were still there, I knew it was meant to be!

At the end of it all I spent $15.00. Pretty good for all those finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment