Monday, April 27, 2009

A needed shelf

I have been looking for a shelf for a while now. Nothing fancy, just something for my storage room. It is funny how you see thing differently when you are reusing and thrifting. This shelf has been in the garage since I can remember, and I never really looked at it. It was garbage. Left for the birds in a woodpile. Can you see all the grime and dirt. First I nailed and screwed it back together, then removed any loose nails or staples. Then got out the scrubber and cleaned out all the dirt and bird poop. This was not for the faint hearted. I had to put on the big rubber gloves for this job.
After I was done I needed a little snack and break. Yum chocolate milk and granola bar.

This is just after cleaning it up. After cleaning out all the dirt and removing the plastic from the shelf I found out that this used to be a Doctor Scholls shoe rack. Funny how things can be used.

Next I applied a coat of Kills, and white paint. I have used this for various projects over the years. It has been four years and I'm only 1/3 of the way through!

Wow what a difference! Perfect for the storage room and didn't cost me a thing. Now look through those junk piles, you may see thing differently when looking a second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment